Clean eating means you will be eating 5-6 small, balanced meals a day. Eating every 2-3 hours helps keep your blood sugar levels from going on a roller coaster ride, keeps you feeling full & satisfied and provides a steady stream of vital nutrients to your body. It may seem like a lot of food and planning at first, but once you get into the groove and start feeling the benefits, you won’t want it any other way.
I thought I would share some of my favorite quick & easy clean snacks. You can easily keep these items on hand to grab & go. The main thing you want to remember besides feeding your body frequently, is to combine a quality protein with a complex carbohydrate at each meal. Here are some examples:
- Handfull of almonds & grapes
- 100% whole wheat toast & natural peanut (or other type of nut) butter
- Cottage cheese with fresh berries
- Hard boiled egg whites & old fashioned oats
- Apple slices with natural peanut butter
- Natural turkey jerky with a serving of fruit
- Protein shake
- Sliced turkey or tuna & whole wheat crackers
You can see, there are lots of options for simple, clean snacking. You could pack most of these things into a small cooler to take with you. Of course, don’t forget your water! You want lots & lots of water throughout the day to stay well hydrated. Water also helps carry all those wonderful nutrients a clean diet provides to your body’s cells. I could go on & on about the benefits of water, but I’ll save that for a future post!