JenniferM | On 08, Jan 2010
Many of you who are regulars here may remember the Healthy Banana Bread recipe I posted here back in 2008. After discovering whole wheat pastry flour, here is yet anothe version of a clean eating banana bread.
The ingredients to be swapped out from my other recipe are:
- All-purpose flour for whole wheat pastry flour
- Regular salt for sea salt (and less of it)
- Organic sugar cane crystals for sucanat
- Canola oil for coconut oil
Clean Eating Banana Bread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1/2 c. sucanat
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt (1/16 tsp.)
- Coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Mash bananas and set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, banana, sucanat, and coconut oil. Once mixed well, add flour mixture all at one time to banana mixture and then stir until moistened. The batter should be lumpy, so do not over stir. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the bread. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool the banana bread on a wire rack for approximately 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.