Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
JenniferM | On 22, Sep 2008
One of my favorite snacks are toasted pumpkin seeds! Yum! They’re actually chock full of vitamins and nutrients that we need and best of all – they’re a clean snack. Since I will be making some of these soon, I thought I would share my recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- A splash of olive oil
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean the seeds by washing them under running water, and then dry them on papertowels.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet. Spread seeds over oiled baking sheet.
- Bake seeds until they’re completely dried (at least 1 hour). Shake the pan occasionally while seeds are baking.
- To lightly brown the seeds, turn heat up to 350 and bake for approximately 5 more minutes.
- Let seeds cool and then salt (if desired).
Store toasted seeds in an air-tight container.